Updated for 2022! We put together a comprehensive step-by-step list of how to apply for a Massachusetts hoisting license, complete with all the resources you need. Of course, if you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Everyone who applies for a MA hoisting license must have a DOT medical card. To find a DOT medical examiner to get this medical card should look here for offices.
- Now fill out a state application and be sure to supply all of the documents, including a copy of the DOT card, and a check to the Commonwealth. Each restriction you apply for costs $75. If you prefer to apply online for the exam, you must start here. Click on Sign Up Now and follow the prompts if you have never done this before.
- Now you need to send the application into Office of Division of Public Licensure: (address at top of application) .
- Call Cranes101 to schedule a MA license preparation course the same day you mail your application in. We hold open License Prep. classes at our location in Bellingham, MA on a Saturday once a month. Check out our Calendar for all our listings.
- Some license prep classes are also available online.
- The state will mail out the test date, location and time of the test 5 to 10 days prior to the test. Be sure to check your mail thoroughly! Don’t throw it away.
Massachusetts has already put out most of its 2022 hoisting license exam dates. You should receive your exam date within 4-6 weeks of sending in your application.
You are required to have a hoisting license to operate any equipment that lifts over 10 ft in height, over 500 lbs in weight or over 1/4 yard of bucket capacity in Massachusetts, per the 520 CMR 6.00 law.